One of the best ways to take in the Canadian Rocky Mountains is by making Alpine Meadows Lodge your home base. Situated in the centre of many National Parks, it is an easy drive to explore some of the most incredible terrain in Canada!
- Banff is only a 1-1/2 hour drive from your Chalet. Spend the day exploring the shops and walking one of the many hiking trails that Banff National Park has to offer.
- Lake Louise is an easy hour drive away. Enjoy lunch at the Chateau and a canoe ride on the lake. Make sure you make a stop at Moraine Lake for amazing views! The view of these mountains were featured on the back of the Canadian twenty dollar bill.
- Emerald Lake is only 45 minutes drive east. Here you can explore gorgeous waterfalls, a natural bridge and an emerald lake fit for a post card.
- Going west to Rogers Pass is only an hour away. There are so many beautiful hikes in this park! Pack a hearty lunch, it is definitely worth the trip!
- An hour south will land you at Radium Hot Springs. Spend the day soaking in the healing mineral pools. There is a spa on site so take a moment to treat yourself to a massage. You’re worth it!